Key moments along our life journey.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Summer Camp! -Day 1

My daughter has been asking to go to gymnastics camp for years! First of all it cost a fortune. Secondly she gets scared sleeping at the neighbors! I finally came up with a plan. If I go as a camp mom, It is half priced and I would be there with her. So I submitted the application and waited! and waited! and waited! I told my daughter it must not have worked out because I did no hear anything.
Finally I decided to call. I was accepted but not as a camp mom, as the kitchen helper! Yeah me! I was still excited for her to have the opportunity. However a little leary of what a kitchen helper would entail.
The day has finally arrived for my daughter and I to drive off to camp. This was a very exciting time for us.( I have 4 kids) So to spend 3 hours of time just the 2 of us was rewarding in and of itself.
We arrived a little early. While we were looking around she saw one of her friends. Off they went together. Then I had to find somthing to do by myself! That was a wierd experience. I have not been alone like that in 15 years! I was happy to see her go off so quickly. Before she new it several different groups of her friends arrived and she did not know who to hang out with. She felt like she did not fit in with any of them and was crying in my arms. For the rest of the day she was glued to my side. Good thing I was there or she would have been wanting to come home!
By the evenning I taughter how to fit her self in a group and she was ok. Good thing because I had to go work in the kitchen! Stay tuned for more camp advetures!

No comments: