Key moments along our life journey.

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where were you?

People always remember where they were when somthing tragic happens. I have always heard people say I was doing this during JFK or similar events. I was never old enough to remember them. This time I can say I know where I was during 911. I was on my way to take MAK to kindergarten. I remember telling his car pool about it. Back then I did not even know what the wtc was! ( I can't believe MAC is already in 7th grade! Where did my little boy go?) When I got home I told Alan to turn on the TV. (I don't think I had a cell phone back then) I watched for a little while but then I had to take KK to preschool. ( Long gone our the preschool days of KK! My little girl has entered Middle School this year!) My friend Anne came home with me to watch it on TV. When we got home AK was crying because both of the towers had just come down! We were all in shock!!! We knew our country was under attack and we were debating if we should go pull our kids out of school! We decided they were pretty safe. Then we started trying to get a hold of big KK. AKs brother lived in New York, not to far away from there. After several hours we found out he was safe! Please feel free to share your own thoughts our memories of 911. We need to remember our history. MAK remebers 911, but all the others were to young. Hug your loved ones today. Pray for our armed forces. God Bless America!

1 comment:

Granola said...

September 11 is pre-children for us. EH and I were carpooling to work in those days so we were together when we heard the news on the radio. I remember that we were stuck in traffic and we could look around at the cars around us all in a stand still and see people leaning towards their car radios trying to comprehend what they were hearing. Work was kind of "going through the motions" that day. TVs were on in offices all over campus. I remember such a heavy hearted feeling yet prayer was so real.